As a New York City based art therapist / psychotherapist, I work with you in a supportive, open and creative environment, on your path of growth and healing.
In doing art therapy - yes, We Talk and yes, We Create: New Art, Ideas, Thought Patterns, Brain Patterns, Feeling States and Ways to Live Life. To begin this creative and healing process please contact me for an introductory consultation.
BENEFITS OF WORKING TOGETHER CAN BE:
- Recognizing that PAST EXPERIENCES DO NOT have to DETERMINE the FUTURE
- Learning that you have Choice where you may have thought none was possible
- Uncovering Strengths and Resiliencies
- Being Freer in Relationships - romantic, family, friendships, school, work
- Recognizing barriers to Romantic Love and removing them
- Building Self-Esteem
- Connecting and/or reconnecting to your Creative Self
- Learning to navigate life transitions
- Moving beyond career related roadblocks
- Replacing Depression with a Wider Range of Feelings and experiences
- Having more access to pleasure
- Working through traumatic life events
- Developing skills to Cope with Anxiety
- Having a positive experience that can be Rich, Creative, Enlivening and even Fun
LINDA'S AREAS OF EXPERTISE
With sixteen+ years experience as an art therapist in New York City, I've worked with individuals of all ages on RELATIONSHIPS, life and career stress and transitions, creative blocks, trauma, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, loss, grief and coping with medical illness.
WHO DOES ART THERAPY?
The short answer is everyone can. My clients have ranged from 6 yrs - 60+ yrs.
Do you need to consider yourself an artist to use art psychotherapy? Absolutely not.
Can you be an artist? Of course.
When you're creating, it can be as simple as pounding clay or picking up a marker and allowing your hand to move.
It is not about knowing how to draw, though knowing how to draw can be wonderful; it is about connecting to yourself in a unique way that can provide new awarenesses, healing and growth.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE NO REAL IDEA OF WHAT ART THERAPY IS?
A lot of people have never heard of art therapy and/or don't understand how it can make a difference in their life.
I invite you to take a look at the page on this website called "What is Art Therapy" and/or listen to the blog talk below to learn more.
And, of course, please contact me with any questions you might have. Or better yet, schedule a time to meet and talk. I offer a free consult.
To schedule a consultation or appointment: (917) 445-7587 or email.