Do you accept insurance?
My services are considered out-of-network benefits. I accept payment upfront and then provide you with a receipt at the end of each month. This can be turned in to your insurance company and many do reimburse for out-of-network services.
*Questions to ask an insurance company to determine out-of-network benefit eligibility:
- Do I have out of network mental health benefits?
- Will you cover licensed creative arts therapists/art psycho-therapists? It is important to emphasize that art therapy is a form of psychotherapy.
- What is the out of pocket payment before my deductible is met?
- How many visits are covered per calendar year?
- What percentage of each visit is covered?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician?
*If you would like to discuss this with me before calling, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am also available to speak with your insurance company.
What is your cancellation policy?
A 48-hour notification is required. And I will always work with you to see if rescheduling during that week is possible. Also if necessary (snow storms, illness, etc), we can discuss doing a Skype session.
What forms of payment are accepted?
I accept cash, checks and credit cards.
Do you have a sliding scale?
If you are in need of a sliding scale, let's talk about it and see if we can come up with one. So please ask.
What are the rules of confidentiality?
The relationship between therapist and client is confidential. Information can only be provided to others through express written consent of the client. The only exceptions are when there is suspected child abuse or neglect, or when an individual threatens serious harm to self or others. In these cases, the law states that confidentiality may be broken in order to ensure the safety of all involved.
To ask questions, schedule an appointment or consult with me, Linda Turner, LCAT, ATR-BC, call (917) 445-7587 or email.