I am a Licensed Art Therapist / Psychotherapist, visual artist and designer with sixteen+ years experience working with individuals and groups including adults, adolescents and children. Currently, in private practice providing Art Therapy in NYC, I also facilitate workshops and groups. To schedule an appointment or consultation: (917) 445-7587 or email.
Along with private practice, I am an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Fashion Institute of Technology, doing Career and Internship Counseling with students and alumni. Before becoming an Art Therapist, I had a long and wonderful career as a textile/home products designer. And have, and continue to be, a painter and mixed media artist (www.lindaturnerart.com)
After becoming an Art Therapist, and prior to private practice, I spent ten years at Catholic Charities working with adolescents and young adults. The first seven were as staff Art Therapist, one year as Program Manager and the last two as Clinical Supervisor. Additionally while there, I trained and supervised graduate art therapy interns.
Concurrently, I worked four years at the Chinatown YMCA as staff Art Therapist, and three as an Artist-in-Residence with cancer patients at NY Presbyterian Hospital through The Creative Center . Additionally, I served seven years on the board of the New York Coalition for Creative Arts Therapists (NYCCAT).
DEGREES AND TRAINING
- Masters Degree in Art Therapy, Pratt Institute
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Surface/Product Design, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Certificate, Integral Somatic Psychotherapy
- Level 2 Clinician, AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) https://www.aedpinstitute.org/find-an-aedp-institute-therapist/search-results/turner-linda/
- Core Coaches Training, Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- Coursework, NY Voice Dialogue Institute
- Coursework, Poetry Therapy, The Creative Righting Center
- Coursework, Playback Theater/Psychodrama
- Study Various Fine Arts Modalities, School of Visual Arts, Art Students League , Tribeca Underground
LICENSING, CREDENTIALS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Licensed Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT) - NY State
- Board Certification (BC) - National
- Registered Art Therapist (ATR) - National
- Member, American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
- Member, New York Art Therapy Association (NYATA)
- Member, Past Board Member/Volunteer Chair, New York Coalition of Creative Arts Therapists (NYCCAT)
WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS - Past, Present and Future
- Create special occasion celebratory experiences to honor those we love - ourselves, friends, family members, for/with couples (i.e. Anniversaries, Birthdays, fun days, memorials) and creative events for groups and/or unique date experiences
- Co-create/co-facilitate workshops for women who are stuck in any area of their lives and support them in getting into action
- Co-create/co-facilitate workshops for single women looking to have breakthroughs in barriers to relationship
- Develop and implement arts based workshops and staff development trainings with topics such as team building, conflict resolution, behavior management, collaboration and healthy communication; can create one specifically for your group or organization
- Developed and facilitated singles/community events using art and creative play as a natural and easy way for individuals to connect
- Co-ordinated Special Events for the Expressive Therapies Summit
To learn more, to set up a meeting, consult or art therapy appointment: (917) 445-7587 or email.